Final Thoughts......

Now that I have been back into my real life for a couple of weeks and had some time to let this epic ride sink in, I feel quite fortunate to have been able to experience this incredible journey. Riding my bike across the country is now a dream realized. The memories will last forever! I have been asked if I would do it again. I wouldn't ride the Southern Tier again but only because I would want to ride another Epic Tour like the Pacific Coast or part of the Northern Tier.
I thought I was physically and mentally ready for this ride, but I wasn't sure if I was emotionally ready. Being away from my family was the hardest part of this journey.  Focusing everyday on the task ahead and knowing that the other women were all experiencing the same thing helped. These women were all strong, incredible women. The friendships made will last a lifetime!
I would like to thank every person who gave words of encouragement on my blog, Face Book page or by text. You will never know how much those comments meant to me.  They made me feel connected to my family, friends and community at a time that I was so far away.
I would like to thank my family and friends for the "Welcome Back" party. It was such a nice surprise!
After spending 58 days in hotels and away from my family I know for sure that "There's no place like home"!


 Loading bikes
 Heading to the bike shop for shipping them home
 Flagler College



 Castillo de San Marcos
 Me and Brandon. Thank you Brandon and Ashley for taking the time to show me around St. Augustine! You picked an awesome city to live in. I would definitely come back again.


 Old city gates
 Old Town
 Heading home













Comments

  1. Sherry,

    Thank you for the final post. You rocked the ride and your posts along the way make me very anxious/excited for my upcoming trip. You paved the way.

    Thank you to Dennis and the rest of your family for taking care of things while you were gone and letting you realize a life goal. I agree with you, being away from family/friends is the hardest part of a cross country journey.

    See you at RAGBRAI

    Evin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading about your trip, even though it's long over now. Thanks for documenting so well - the extra burden of posting in addition to the already admirable feat of riding is not lost on me. Should you go on another, please let me know... I'd love to follow along day by day as you go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment